Who Should Attend?
The course is designed to accommodate: all chemical, microbiological and physical laboratory technicians and assistants, laboratory managers, health and safety representatives, Occupational Hygiene managers. Production personnel who handle or pack chemical substances.
- Introduction to safety in the laboratory
- Occupational Safety and Health Act & Control of substances Hazardous to Health
- Responsibilities of management and employees
- Risk assessments – how to identify and manage hazards
- Safety of facilities and design of facilities
- Chemical and biological hazards – understanding hazards, MSDS, safe practices
- Personal protective equipment
- Instrumentation – safety, guarding, safe operation
- How to make SOP’s part of your safety program
- Emergency procedures
- How you can contribute to a safe working environment