Who Should Attend?
Individuals involved in pharmaceutical, medical, food and beverage, cosmetic, household products, chemical and microbiological analysts and assistants, production personnel who carry out in-processing testing. The course will also benefit students studying science and those interested in basic knowledge of laboratories and analytical skills.
- Introduction to GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
- Introduction to basic analytical techniques
- Qualitative vs. quantitative tests and the need for accuracy and precision
- Understanding and working with specifications, Standard operating techniques and test methods
- Good weighing practice
- Use of laboratory glassware
- Use of chemicals/reagents
- Documentation, including writing up of reports
- Introduction to laboratory instrumentation and the use thereof
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Safety in the laboratory
- What you can do make a difference.